There will be a purpose built military village that will feature Military Capability Displays from The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, 2CS BN REME, 71 Engineers, 612 Medical Reserve Sqn, 110 Pro Coy (Military Police) and many other Scottish Military Units.
There will be a range of funfair rides and a face painting stall for all the family to enjoy and (weather permitting) bouncy castles and a 100ft assault course and climbing wall for both children and adults.
Entertainment programme throughout the day, inc. marching bands, highland dancing, military demonstrations and more.
There will be a Craft Traders Hanger where traders will have the opportunity to show and sell their products. If you would like to book a pitch in the hanger, please contact:
Jane on 01334 857129 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a number of food and beverage outlets selling a wide range of delicious food, including burgers, hotdogs, fudge, a chocolate fountain, crepes and much more.
Confirmed caterers include; The Screaming Peacock, Love 2 Waffle, YoFrog Frozen Yoghurt, The Cheese Toast Shack and The Crepe Shack.
- There will be no card payment facilities and so please bring cash with you.
- We can only permit assistance dogs to the station open day.
- Free onsite parking can be found by following external route signs
-Security information can be found at the bottom of this page
The day will also include a Typhoon static display, Supercar Display, Madam Maggie Palm Reading, Upholstery Works, ARCADIA (G&A Trading), Bear N Buddies, Enchanted Face Painting, Hayley Mills Art, The Chillilicious Farm.
The Armed Forces Charity are hosting a brilliant raffle with a range of brilliant prizes. The draw will be announced at their tent at 15:30hrs on the day.
You will be all aware of the increased security threat following the tragic event at Manchester on Monday 22nd May 2017. As a result we have introduced additional security measures for the event on Saturday to ensure your safety, and ours, whilst on site. We ask for your understanding and patience as our personnel go about this vital task. Please note the following safety and security points:
- We still have an active runway on the Base. Please use the marked routes to avoid damaging important runway infrastructure.
- Please comply with the marshal’s directions, particularly if requested to submit to a search of your vehicle or bags, these measures are intended for your safety.
- We encourage you to leave bags safely outside the Base or in your vehicle - Any bags that you bring into the event will be searched.
- Do not enter buildings or areas not directly involved with the event.
- Do not leave items unattended, if you see anything suspicious please report it to the security staff , readily identifiable in their Yellow Vests or any Service Person in uniform.
- Finally, do use the litter bins provided, Foreign Object Damage (litter) kills jet engines.